|Website designed and maintained by Iowa Snowmobiler, Charles City, IA
Iowa State Snowmobile Association. All Rights Reserved.
Questions or comments? email@example.com
Can't Find What You're
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE IOWA STATE SNOWMOBILE ASSOCIATION
For this and more
- Legislative Plans to
Include Single Sticker
- Vintage Ice Racing
Returns to Clear Lake
- Snowmobile Safety
Snowmobile Iowa Planned Again this
Winter Along with Charity, Youth Events
Based on feedback and inquiries at the 2017 ISSA Convention in Cedar Rapids in November, ISSA
officials will once again be inviting clubs to host Ride Iowa events this winter, weather permitting.
Event coordinator and Past ISSA President Bruno Andreini said he was encouraged by the response
from members at convention, despite every ride planned last season being cancelled due to poor trail
“The whole idea behind Ride Iowa is for clubs to showcase their trail systems to other riders from
across the state and to show people that they don’t need to travel a day out of state to ride when they
can get the same experience just two to three hours from their home,” Andreini said.
Two events are already planned this winter. On Jan. 14, the ISSA returns to Huxley for its 11th Annual
Winter Kids Ride on the Heart of Iowa Nature Trail for families with the Spina Bifida Association of Iowa.
In February, Isabelle Willey, coordinator of the ISSA’s youth program, is hoping to host a youth ride.
Location to be determined pending snowcover.
Here are additional ride weekends and host clubs:
- Jan. 13: Floyd County Groomers/Butler County Snow Snoops/North Iowa Snow Seekers
Clarksville to Rock Falls. CANCELLED.
- Jan. 20: Trail Blaz-zers, Kuennen's House of Power, Maynard. For more information, contact
Mark Kuennen at (563) 637-2870.
Each ride starts at 10 a.m. Additional details will be posted on the Snowmobile Iowa Facebook page.
- Jan. 27: Driftrunners, Howard County Fairgrounds, Cresco. For more information, contact Matt
Miner at (563) 380-7142. .
- Feb. 3: Southeast Iowa Ridge-Blasters, Mount Pleasant. For more information, contact Aaron
Dorothy at (319) 217-6361.
- Feb. 10: Saylorville Dam Snowmobile Club, Mercy North, Ankeny. For more informationa, contact
Craig Krapfl at (515) 707-7237 and Barry Starmer at (515) 240-5444.
- Feb.17: Central Iowa Snowmobilers, Meskwaki Travel Plaza, Tama. For more information,
contact Matney Blake at (641) 485-3163.
For more information on the Ride Iowa program, contact Andreini at (515) 240-3858 or
Award Winners, Scholarship Recipients
Recognized at 2017 ISSA Convention
The following Iowa snowmobilers were recognized at the 2017 ISSA Annual Awards Banquet Nov. 18
as part of the 44th Annual ISSA Convention at the Hilton Hotel Convention Complex in Cedar Rapids:
Additionally, three graduating seniors of ISSA-member families were also announced as 2017
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Fred and Marilyn Strothman, New London, Southeast Iowa Ridge
- Snowmobiler of the Year: Steve King, Marble Rock, Floyd County Groomers
- Lady Snowmobiler of the Year: Sue Paulus, Rockford, Floyd County Groomers
- Young Adult Snowmobiler of the Year: Mitch Sebastian, Spencer, Clay County Sno Broncs
- Youth Snowmobiler of the Year: Leanne Sebastian, Spencer, Clay County Sno Broncs
- Snowmobile Family of the Year: Ron and Chris Roe, Coralville, Iowa Snowdrifters
- Groomer Operator of the Year: Jim Wickwire, Charles City, Floyd County Groomers
- Snowmobile Club of the Year: Iowa Snowdrifters, Region 9
- Region Director of the Year: Aaron Dorothy, Region 10
recipients of scholarships from the ISSA's Education and Scholarship Foundation:
The Foundation has also opened up the application period for 2018. Application materials are
available here. Graduating high school seniors from ISSA families are encouraged to apply. New this
year, second- and third-year post-secondary students can apply for scholarships also. Please see the
application for more information.
The Jack Helgren Memorial/Iowa LeMans Championship Race returns to Clear Lake Jan. 19-20 for
its ninth consecutive year. Visit www.thejackrace.com for complete details. Above, Jack's son, John
Helgren, crosses the start-finish line at last year's event.
|Snow Pionners Radar
|Marlin Benson Memorial