|Updated Groomer Log
Form Available Here.
MS Excel required.
The Iowa State Snowmobile Trail Grant Program and the Review and Selection
Committee oversee grooming operations in Iowa and determine equipment
placement with clubs. In order to operate a groomer, an operator must become
certified by the program.
Below are the steps to becoming a certified groomer operator:
- Apply to the program and authorize a driver's license check. Click here for
- Attend a new groomer operator training.
- Complete a mentorship with a certified groomer. Click here for training
- Return training checklist to program to complete certification process.
- Certification card is issued by program.
Anyone operating snow grooming equipment must possess a valid driver's license
and a certified groomer operator card issued by the IDNR.
For more information or if your club would like to host a groomer recertification
course, contact ISSA Groomer Training Coordinator Chris Willey at (563) 920-9010 or
|Iowa grooming on
Permanent Administrative Positions
Members By Position
- Chris Willey, Past ISSA President/Groomer Training Coordinator
- Terry Durby, Past ISSA President
Members By Election
- Brian Carmichael, ISSA President
- Scott Nauman, ISSA Vice President
Iowa DNR Representative
- Randy Magg (Western representative)
- John Kahler (Central representative)
- Todd Sieverding (Eastern representative)
|2018-19 REVIEW AND SELECTION COMMITTEE
|GROOMER OPERATOR TRAINING
|The Iowa State Snowmobile Trail Grant Program is responsible for purchasing trail
signs in Iowa. Click here for the 2018 Sign Order Form. Orders due May 1.
On Sept. 11, 2017, the ISSA signed a cooperative agreement with the Iowa
Department of Natural Resources to assume control of the snowmobile trail grant
process and the distribution of more than two-thirds of the snowmobile registration
fees collected annually.
The contract also transferred ownership of the groomer fleet to the ISSA, and
administration of the program now falls on the ISSA’s Review and Selection
Committee (RSC) for approving grant requests and on the ISSA’s Emergency
Funding Committee (EFC) for issuing payments.
Past ISSA Presidents Chris Willey and Terry Durby serve in permanent
administrative positions on those subcommittees. Below is the RSC roster. Please
use the following email address to contact the RSC: ISSA.RSC@gmail.com
(as of 2015)
|2019 OPERATOR TRAINING CLASSES
Groomer Certification class Wednesdayy, Jan. 16, at 6 p.m. at Lake Panorama
Conference Center, 5071 Clover Ridge Rd., Panora, IA 50216. Hosted by Raccoon
Valley Snow Chasers. For more information, contact Mike Patten at (641) 755-3863 or
Trail Grant Applications
Due May 1. Download
fillable pdf form here.